Rules & Regulation
- The prime aim of the library is to make available the books, journals, e-journals and research databases and many more to fulfil the research and teaching needs of the academic community of MNLU-A.
- Users must comply with any reasonable request/instruction issued by library staff. Anyone violating the rules, or failing to obey instructions, may be excluded from the library and/or incur a penalty.
- The Librarian reserves all the rights to suspend the membership of anyone found misbehaving, abusing or behaving in an impolite manner. In the case of students, further disciplinary action may be initiated under the MNLU-A's student disciplinary procedure.
- Users are required to scan their library card at security desk to record in-out timing of library visit.
- Users are required to maintain a library environment conducive to learning by maintaining discipline, observing silence, and leaving study areas clean and tidy.
- A decent dress code is needed inside the library.
- Users are restricted to bringing their personal belongings inside the library premises except notebooks and laptops.
- While entering the library, users should leave their personal belongings such as bags, personal books etc. at the counter reserved for this purpose.
- Users leaving the library should permit the library staff to examine their personal belongings, if asked.
- Seating can be used on a first-cum-first serve basis in the library, it cannot be reserved.
- Users are requested not to shuffle the seating arrangement.
- Use of mobile phones and other devices likely to cause disturbance is restricted to use in library premises and should be kept in silent mode.
- All kinds of eatables/beverages/cigarettes/ matchboxes or other items that may accidentally damage library materials are not allowed inside the library.
- Users are requested not to carry any valuables in the library. No one will be responsible for the loss of items in the library.
- Users are requested to switch off computers and electronic appliances i.e. fans and lights when they are not in use/not required.
- Damage to library materials, equipment, property, or building is prohibited and must be reported immediately to the library staff. Those responsible will be subjected to penalty for the act.
- Stealing or attempting to steal a library document/property is an offense. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the offender.
- Users leaving the library should permit the library staff / security staff to examine their personal belongings, if asked.
- Reference books, bound volumes of periodicals can be issued in system and members can consult these materials only inside the reference section of the library.
- Users are not allowed to take out books from the reference section. The user may take a reference book/s for photocopying or moot court purposes, only after recording it in the register at the reference desk and deposit the library card for same.
- Loose issues of journals, newspapers and magazines will not be issued and can only be for reading within the library premises.
- Users are requested not to re-shelve books and other material taken from the library stacks and to leave them on the reading table or should be handed over to the library staff on duty after use. Remember, a book misplaced is a book lost.
- Users should not deface, mark, cut or damage the reading material in any way. Persons doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being asked to pay the cost of the damage. In case a person repeats the offence a second time, his/her library card will be impounded and the membership terminated summarily.
- Users can make use of desktops kept in the library.
- Computers are provided only for the purpose of research and other educational activities. Misuse of the facilities, i.e. playing games, e-trading, hacking, watching movies, music, and change of PC or network settings is strictly prohibited.
- Users are requested not to attempt repairs on their own. Informed by the library staff immediately if faults occur while using library equipment.
- The library reserves the right to request users to stop using computer equipment if the library staffs have reasonable grounds to believe that they are misusing it.
- The library card issued to registered members is strictly non-transferable. Members are responsible for the cards issued to them.
- Members shall be responsible for any loss which may be incurred through misuse of their card. Loss of library card should be reported to the circulation desk/Librarian immediately.
- Duplicate library cards will be issued after the payment of Rs. 100/-
*All complaints may be brought to the notice of the circulation desk/ librarian at the earliest.
- All students, faculty members and administrative staff of MNLU-A are entitled to become members of the library.
- Each student member of the library will get Identity-cum-Library Card and can borrow books/s for it.
- Users can borrow a number of books/materials for specific periods as indicated below.
Members No. of Books No. of Days BA LLB 4 15 BBA LLB 4 15 LLM 4 15 LLD 4 15 PhD 4 15 Faculty 15 180 Visiting Faculty 2 7 Administrative Staff & Others 1 15 For Moot Court As Applicable
- If the reader card is lost, members should immediately report it to the Circulation desk/Librarian. On the request, a duplicate library card will be issued after the payment of Rs. 100/-
- If a borrower loses the book, he/she will replace the book within a week's time. Failure to replace the book may require him/her to pay the cost of the latest edition of the book, and any other fine imposed by the library committee.
- In case of damage to a book, the users are responsible for checking the condition of the book at the time of borrowing, and it has to be reported to the circulation desk before leaving to avoid fines.
- Users can renew the borrowed book if it is required beyond the specified due date, in case there is no demand from other members.
- Users must return all borrowed books and reading materials taken from the library, whenever called by the librarian, before the stock-verification.
- Users are needed to produce the approval letter of the appropriate authority along with an application to borrow books for the purpose of the Moot Court Competition.
- The library committee may regulate the issuance of books in such a manner as they may deem fit. In case of great demand, books issued may be recalled as and whenever required by the librarian and, whenever recalled, those must be returned at once. The librarian shall have power to deny the use of any facility in the library to any member, or suspend membership, if the member is found neglecting to comply with any of the rules.
- Absence from college will not relieve a borrower from the responsibility of returning books on due date.
- Users can reserve the books using OPAC. Members can make reservation for those books which are in demand.
- The library staff will share the name of the student who has borrowed the book so that members can request him/her to return it.
- Failing to return the book within the due date will entail a fine of Rs. 5 per day per book. The amount of fine will be calculated from the date of default.
- In the event of any student paying fines more than 3 times during a trimester, the Librarian has the right to deny lending any book during that trimester to such students.
- All overdue fines (if any) should be settled before taking 'NO DUES' certificate from the library, failing which the student will suspended to use the library facilities till the clearance of all dues.
Note:All financial transactions are only through the payment gateway/QR Code provided by Finance & Account Office, MNLU-A. The library will not accept cash
- Book Hiding: Minimum fine of Rs. 500.00 plus suspension of library cards for a period of one month. On re-occurrence of the act, the minimum fine will be Rs. 1000.00. Book Damaging: Minimum fine of Rs. 500.00 plus suspension of library cards for a minimum period of one month. On re-occurrence of the act, the minimum fine will be Rs. 1000.00.
- Book Stealing: Minimum fine of Rs. 1000.00 or actual cost of the book plus suspension of library cards for a minimum period of one trimester. On re-occurrence of the act, the minimum fine will be Rs. 10000.00 and other disciplinary action may be initiated. The decision of the Library Committee shall be final in this regard.
- The librarian is the final authority to maintain order and discipline in the library. The library committee is vested with the power to restrict or suspend the library privileges of any member or user contravening/violating any of the rules/regulations of the library at any time.
Library offers external membership to Students of other Institutions/Faculty/MNLU-A Alumni/Researchers/Professional/Lawyers/Corporate Members /Academic Institution membership & Law firms/corporate firm members in order to facilitate the access to the information resources. This membership will entitle to access the library, MNLU-A for reference purposes only.
|Sr. No.||Member Categories||Fees|
|Six Months||One Year|
|4||Researchers/ Professional/ Lawyers/ Corporate Members and all others||5000.00||10000.00|
|5||Academic Institution membership||----------||15000.00|
|6||Law firms/corporate firm||----------||15000.00|
|7||Registration Fee (One Time - Non Refundable)||500.00|
- Books will be not issued to External Members.
- Remote Access will be providing to online databases.
The following facilities will be provided under this scheme:
- Reference and Information Services.
- Online Public Access Catalogue.
- Database Searches at MNLU-A, (IP based only)
- Current Awareness Services / SDI
- Current Contents and Current Additions Services
- Reprographic Services (On payment basis)
- External library members are requested to carry their MNLU-A Library Membership Card. A penalty of Rs. 50/- will be charged for those who fail to produce the Library Membership Card while using the library.
- Research Scholar/Institutional/Corporate members should get their membership renewed on time every year.
- Books and other materials will not be issued to the members; they can only refer to or photocopy of materials (as per copy right act policy) in the library.
- Members can use desktops kept in the library.
- All external members (Research Scholar/Institutional/Corporate members) are allowed to bring their laptop and tablet. Users are requested to contact the IT help desk to support for internet connection.
- External members are allowed to use of the above library facilities around the regular working hours.
- Library reserves all rights to cancel external membership on ground of report of any disciplinary matter without any refund of the membership fees or reasons.
Note: General Guidelines are applicable to all library users. Additionally, these guidelines are specific to external/outside members.